Sunday, November 11, 2007

Round 3 at the PraxisKlinik (10,000 foot level)

I'm back at the PraxisKlinik Arno Thaller in Germany this week, and frankly the main thing I have to report so far is a really strong sense of serenity. I'm looking at the whole process a lot more calmly, and even the dendritic cell injections today (which have filled me with minor dread all month!) came and went today and it was no big deal. (don't get me wrong -- *they are not pleasant* ! But still, it was all over within minutes -- the injection into the prostate, and a couple of dozen injections into each shoulder.)

Part of it is that the weather is very cozy let's-stay-inside weather: the temperature is hovering around freezing, and the drizzle outside can't quite decide whether it's rain or snow.

Part of it is that Liz and I have been doing exercises this week focusing on how to build peace of mind.

And part of it is that all of the back-and-forth about this particular treatment path has played itself out. There was a great deal of drama in finding this place, and in setting up the treatments, and in going through the first two rounds of the therapy. There was also a very intense and wonderful process of everyone making such generous contributions so that I could come here and receive the treatment -- and for that I am very grateful to each of you!

Now all that is behind us (for now at least; nothing stays the same!). It's a strange comfort to be able to just cruise through the therapy almost quietly.

No comments: