Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Luffa Cure

Yesterday during my acupuncture session, Dr. Thaller heard me sniffle (I've been having some congestion lately), and started talking to me about the Luffa Cure. It's a week-long procedure that takes place at the clinic to entirely cleanse the sinuses of any bacteria or other toxins. The centerpiece of the therapy is the installation of two luffa tubes up the nostrils, which supposedly initiates a huge release of mucous -- people who take this cure go through hundreds of tissues in a week.

Tonight is the second night in a row that I have been absolutely deluged with the sniffles. I'm blowing my nose every few seconds, and sneezing, and using up tissues by the handful.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dr. Thaller hit some acupuncture points during my treatment on Tuesday that triggered a sinus cleansing -- a "Lite" version of the Luffa Cure, without the Luffas.

He has a lot of tricks up his sleeve -- I'm betting something like this is the case!

No comments: