Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Researching the Next Step

OK, now that the last visit to the PraxisKlinik is under my belt, I can turn to the question at hand: what's the best way to continue my treatment going forward?

One option is to continue the visits to Dr. Thaller every 6 weeks or so. The three treatments I'll continue with would be the fevertherapy, the Newcastle Disease Virus injections, and the Dendritic Cell injections. (Alongside these there are the additional treatments of vitamin C and ozone infusions, and local hyperthermia).

Liz and I have 20 vials of the virus with us here in the States, so the injections with those will continue through January in any case.

A second option is to work with Dr. Pfeifer at the Aeskulap Klinik in Switzerland. He has a very interesting-sounding protocol for prostate cancer, which consists of high dosages of four different supplements. (I've already started taking one of these -- ProstaSol -- and my PSA went down by over 50% in one month! )

The third option is to go with the enzyme therapy that Dr. Gonzalez is known for. This is an intensive self-care program consisting of supplements (mainly pancreas enzymes), a strict diet, and detoxification procedures. I'm strangely drawn to this path, as it is a way that 1) I can take responsibility for controlling my own health, and 2) is something that I can maintain over the long term, as I manage this cancer as a chronic condition. (I don't imagine that there will be a sudden cure for what I have, and the costs of Thaller's treatment -- around $15,000 a visit -- make it extremely hard to envision continuing to do it over the long term!)

In any case, I'm going to be getting some help in sorting these issues out -- I'll be doing another phone consultation next week with Dr. Ralph Moss, the über-researcher that keeps his finger on the pulse of all the new cancer therapies that are being tried.

No comments: