Monday, November 5, 2007

More Treatments On the Way -- Thanks to You!!

We've done the math, and we now have enough to start the next week of treatments at the PraxisKlinik Arno Thaller in Germany. (we won't have enough to get the full set of treatments that are available, but we can get the dendritic cell vaccine, which is the most important part to continue.)

All of this is possible because of your generous contributions -- thank you all so much!!

Dr. Thaller has recommended at least two more rounds of the dendritic cell vaccine after this one, and each visit will be another $18,000 -- but we have another few weeks to solve that problem.

Why did we decide to continue with Dr. Thaller's treatments after the doubts that I expressed in my earlier post? The simple answer is that I don't want to leave any stone unturned in getting healed, and Dr. Thaller's treatments have been very highly recommended. What's more, doing the treatments at his clinic *doesn't preclude* any other treatments that might do me some good later on. As long as I'm on the "symptom-free window" provided by the hormone therapy (which will last between several months and a few years), I'll be in good shape to receive additional treatments.

So Liz and I leave for Germany this Thursday -- wish us luck!

No comments: