Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Whew, It's HOT in Here!!

Big day at the Klinik today. I didn't respond to the initial dose of the fever therapy, so I received a second dose around 10:30. That *really* set me off -- within 40 minutes I was shivering vigorously, and ended up having a fever of 106.2° -- yow! I think that's probably the highest fever I've had in my life. At that temperature, I am really not present mentally: Liz says I was talking, but I don't remember anything for about an hour and a half. Herr Doktor was really happy -- as I was leaving for the day he pulled off his glasses and emphatically said, "*Very* effective results!" Fry those cancer cells, baby!

I had local hyperthermia today too, focused on the prostate -- I have my legs up in the gynecological position for an hour, which is extremely charming. So far I've been able to persuade Liz *not* to do a drawing of me in that position.

The big surprise of the day was saved for last: my Natural Killer cells had arrived back from the lab. So I got a wad of them injected directly into my prostate. Kids, this is *definitely* something you don't want to try at home! Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.

No comments: