Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Knocked Out at the Klinik

Today is the first day back at the Fever Therapy. The shivering is intense, I throw out my back, the pain gets bad enough that Herr Doctor first gives me ear acupuncture (doesn't work), and then has to give me a dose of fentanyl (opiate pain reliever), which knocks me out *instantly*. The problem is that once I leave the Klinik I'm knocked out for the rest of the day and night -- I can barely put one foot in front of the other to walk home, and immediately fall asleep for 18 hours.

The good news is that my fever got to 104.9, the highest it's ever gotten in these treatments. Higher fever = more cancer cells dead.

1 comment:

E. A. said...

Larry,

And I WILL call you Larry! I love and miss you. Bert called about your plight. I truly hope that this is just a blip on the radar of your life. My love and support to you and Liz during these times. The Jew in me is always leery of the Germans, but I really do know that they know what they are doing. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help.

Love,

E. A. (Babs)