Thursday, March 26, 2009

Going To Mexico!


OK, everything's set -- Liz and I are Going to Mexico next week!

I investigated the sonodynamic therapy (SDT) that Ralph Moss suggested at the clinic in Xi'an, China. It's an offshoot of photodynamic therapy, which is a fairly standard American therapy for surface cancers (like melanoma). SDT is a relatively new treatment that shows good results for prostate cancer (and bone metastases) that can't be reached very well with surface treatments. (See my earlier post for more details and a description of how it works; the link above is the best scientific description I've seen, and has case studies of 116 different patients that have been treated with SDT.)

Further investigation revealed that there are three places in the world that currently offer this treatment: the clinic in China (which moved over from Australia), the Dove Clinic in London, and the Hope4Cancer Institute in Tijuana.

They all use exactly the same sensitizing agent and treatment technique for sonodynamic therapy.

And I can *drive* to Tijuana!

What really sealed the deal was my conversation a couple of days ago with Dr. Tony Jimenez, the head doctor and researcher at the Institute. He's a nice guy from New Jersey who's intimately familiar with a lot of the best therapies that I've been researching, and has a great approach to the combination of treatments that I'll be receiving at the Institute. I liked him a lot, and you'll be hearing a lot more details of the treatment once we arrive.

I want to take this opportunity to express my deep gratitude for all of you that have helped to make this trip possible. I'm not fooling myself that this is any kind of "miracle cure", but it's a darned good shot at getting substantially better, and I couldn't be doing this without your incredibly generous help. Thank you so much!

No comments: