Sunday, January 18, 2009

surprise.


Well, I had an interesting week. I get a bone scan every six months, and this one came back looking pretty bad. I got my PSA score a couple of days later, and it's 278. Also bad. So the ayurvedic treatment is making me feel and look great on the outside, but it's not doing much against the cancer. As luck would have it, the very next day I had an appointment already booked with the Pine Street Clinic, who had been recommended to be by several different knowledgeable people. They do in-depth research on conventional, Chinese and alternative treatments and are the smartest people about designing cancer treatments of anyone I've seen to date. The guy spent 2 1/2 hours with me going over my current treatments with a fine-toothed comb, and he'll have a set of recommendations for me when I go back next Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that you're feeling good. What a journey and exploration you're on. Hold steady.