Tuesday, January 20, 2009

hope at the Pine Street Clinic


I had a great visit at the Pine Street Clinic this afternoon (the perfect antidote to having my bone scan interpreted earlier today!!)

The practitioner reviewed my supplement list with me today, and gave me a great compliment: he said the supplements and herbs that I'd put together through my research (and the advice of other practitioners) was better than most herbalists could have put together!

But of course, the supplements haven't stopped the cancer -- so clearly, something else is needed. He recommended balancing what I'm doing now -- which is *passive*, just taking pills (even though it's over 70 pills a day) -- with *active* treatments for the cancer. By this he means diet, exercise, and specifically Qi Gong exercises tailored for cancer.

He also recommends finding a much more aggressive main treatment -- either through clinical trials of experimental drugs, or through another alternative treatment. I'll be investigating those in the next week and will report back.

No comments: