Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Blessings

For the last few weeks, there's been a bit of a cloud hanging over my head: I've been under investigation by Aetna, my insurance company.

Apparently, whenever the claims paid out for an account exceed the premiums paid in, insurance companies start an investigation to see if there's any pre-existing condition that will allow them to cancel your coverage.

Even though I didn't have any procedures that took place before I started with Aetna -- and even though the vast majority of my care has been in Germany -- I was still nervous, since my care here (various diagnostic tests and Zometa, a bone strengthener) ran to almost $10,000…and I had no idea how I was going to find that amount if Aetna canceled my policy!

We came home on Christmas Eve to find a letter from Aetna that they'd checked everything out -- and everything was OK. My policy won't be canceled!

I'm *extremely* grateful for this completely unexpected Christmas gift, and I hope that everyone out there experiences great blessings during their holiday season!

No comments: