Tuesday, February 3, 2009

oh great, another personal record

(click to enlarge)

OK, in today's "DO NOT LIKE" department, I just got results from my latest PSA test, and it's a sky-high 410. Let's see, that's over 40 times the accepted "danger" level for a PSA reading. The little cancer cells are going crazy. Fortunately, the cavalry is riding in this weekend with various immunotherapy injections and sodium bicarbonate IVs. (more details on that when I know them).

I'm also applying to a trial of an experimental drug called abiraterone that's being administered at M.D. Anderson in Houston. I don't know if I'll be accepted, but I fit all of their criteria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Nick. It blows my mind how little the medical profession knows, still, after all this time studying this disease. I'm sorry that more than half of your ordeal has to be with working the labyrinth of healing options. You're doing great, hang in there. You are definitely in my prayers and Oms. Charmaine

Anonymous said...

Loving you from here ...


--Linda O.