Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Treatment Regimen

It took a while, but I've sifted out the new information I got at the Schacter Center, and combined it with what I want to keep from the previous enzyme therapy and other supplements.

What I'm doing: I'm still on a diet, detox and supplement therapy. My goal is to heal myself while I'm maintaining as normal a life as possible, and within our current financial constraints.

diet: a low-glycemic diet, alkalizing  with no sugar, white flour, white rice, dairy or soy.  No meat except for salmon a couple of times a week.  No coffee or alcohol.  No fruits except for berries.  Lots of vegetables in salads and  juices and wherever else I can get them.  A 14-grain raw mush (soaked in apple juice) every morning, and as much raw food as I can get.  Organic everything to avoid toxic chemicals.

detox: coffee enemas and saunas at least once each day.  Skin brushing and lots of (reverse-osmosis-filtered) water. Avoid aluminum and teflon cookware, filter on shower head, exercise and meditation every day. Monthly liver or intestinal cleanses.

supplements: a core of general vitamins and minerals, with a number of specific prostate cancer-fighting compounds (details in a separate post):

○ pancreas enzymes (as much as system will tolerate)
○ Pao V FM
○ Myomin
○ PeakImmune 4
○ ProstaSol
○ Curcumin
○ Five Mushroom extract
○ Avemar
○ modified citrus pectin

The hardest part of moving to this regimen wasn't researching and choosing the specifics (that's the fun part!)  It was finding the courage to leave behind the complete therapy package that Pamela had prescribed for me.  This was just as hard as it was to leave behind Herr Dr. Thaller's treatment regimen a few months ago.  I battle feelings that I'm doing the wrong thing, that I'm risking my life based on my layperson's knowledge, etc. etc. -- but in the final analysis, the lesson from this process has been consistent: I have to be the director of my own treatment.  I have to trust my own body, my own intuition, my own judgment -- no one else can do it for me.

2 comments:

Jill said...

So spot on, Nick! You trust that inner voice, be the captain of your own destiny and SOAR!
You know what's right, so trust yourself and never waver.
You're awesome and such an inspiration!
hugs,
xoxo
Jill

Anonymous said...

it's good to read your blog again. i lost track of it. you're an inspiration, nick; i find reading the details of your regimen and your journey with cancer extremely encouraging.

take care,
katherine